The temperature is rising, the birds are chirping and our surroundings are becoming greener day by day. Many spend some time this season spring cleaning their home. It is also the perfect time to spring clean your health! The warmer weather makes it so much easier to get active and enjoy some fresh food.
Here are 10 healthy ideas to incorporate into your spring season:
- Take your exercise outdoors. Go for a walk, bike ride, or jog. If you are feeling adventurous, find a hiking path in your area!
- For dinner, skip the pots and pans and opt for preparing lean cuts of protein and vegetables on the grill. Enjoy your family dinner outside in your backyard.
- Find a friend and set up an exercise date. Having someone to keep you accountable can help you to better reach your goals.
- Plant a vegetable or herb garden in your yard. Not only will you receive the benefits of nutritious produce, you will be getting exercise at the same time.
- Make your next family outing a trip to the park. You can pack a healthy lunch for a picnic, venture along the trails or play with your children on the playground.
- Pick a charity you are passionate about and sign up for a road race. Springtime is full of weekend races for every age.
- Visit your local farmers markets to purchase fresh produce from local farms. Some seasonal produce includes asparagus, spinach, strawberries, broccoli, orange and apricots.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated on those hot days. You can spice it up a bit by adding fruit, cucumber or mint to your water pitcher.
- Take a walk during your lunch break. Fresh air, a change of scenery and exercise can help to clear your mind and sharpen your focus for the rest of the day.
- Make plans with loved ones. It’s easy in the winter to hibernate from the rest of the world. Strong relationships can benefit your health and happiness. Spend some time with friends and family enjoying some spring activities.