September is just around the corner, and we all know what that means. A new school year is about to begin!Now’s the perfect time to start preparing for the new school year, so our team at AFC Urgent Care Dedham wants to offer some tips on how to get your kids back into the swing of things! Read on as we share some perspective:
How Can I Get My Child Back to a Normal Bedtime?
This is probably one of the most challenging aspects of getting your kids ready to go back to school! During the summer, it’s so easy to slip into a routine of staying up late and waking up later.
To help reset your child’s sleep routine, start a few weeks before school begins. Each night, shift bedtime back a little until you’ve made your way to his or her school year bedtime. By doing this gradually, it won’t be quite as much of a shock to the system!
Healthy Sleep Habits for Kids
- Choose a bedtime and stick to it, even on weekends.
- Establish a relaxing bedtime routine.
- Limit screen time right before bed.
- Keep the bedroom cool and dark.
What Else Can I Do to Prepare My Child to Go Back to School?
Well, there’s the obvious back-to-school shopping, but that’s not what we’re talking about here! You’ll want to take steps to promote a healthy and happy lifestyle for your child during the school year.
Now’s the time to settle into some healthier habits that can be carried throughout the school year.
Tips for Going Back to School
- Create a lineup of healthy breakfast and lunch options.
- Keep the kitchen stocked with healthy snacks.
- Set up a homework station free of distractions.
- Determine how and when your child will fit in physical activity each day.
Does your child need a physical before the new school year? Stop by AFC Urgent Care Dedham today for a wellness check.